Labrador Manor Project

This blog follows the restoration of Labrador Manor in Port Matilda, Pennsylvania. It will be both a source of information about what has been done and also an example of how plans change during the course of work. For our family and friends, it will keep them connected with our progress. For casual visitors, it may help with their own restoration efforts. For us, it will provide a way to look back at our efforts as they were and not just from the viewpoint of completion.

Odds and Ends

As this was a busy weekend, I didn't have much time to take on projects. So, aside from finishing what fencing I could until materials ran out(still stopped by Lowe's being out of stock) - I cut the grass and painted the barn door.

Now, cutting the grass seems like a small chore. After 2 1/2 hours of straight mowing and having to refill the mower's gas tank three times, I no longer thought of it as a small chore. I started after work and the sun went down before I was finished.

On Saturday afternoon, after working at the Children's Fishing Derby on behalf of the Odd Fellows all day, I was too tired to do anything taxing, so I did an 'art project'. I'd purchased the supplies to paint the barn door months ago, but the weather wasn't good enough for outdoor painting. It only took a couple hours to get the design all laid out and painted. I've only had one comment so far from a neighbor that it looked good. I'm sure I'll hear more as time goes on. Here is a picture of the finished door:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home